We are looking to recruit a junior (trainee) Field Service Engineer to join an existing operations/service team based in Wolverhampton.
About the company
The company specialises in the design, manufacture and installation of large format traditional and digital signage. The successful candidate will be required to both assist with wiring of LED digital displays and also carry out on-site servicing activities. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a career in this field.
You will be responsible for meeting the daily monitoring, service, maintenance and repair needs of customers' equipment. You will establish and maintain professional relationships with our customers, as well as performing necessary administrative duties as required.
• Remote monitoring of digital assets ad logging of status reports.
• Assisting with logistics and shipping of materials in and out of warehouse.
• Drive and operate in-house and hired in MEWPs to assist with service and projects work.
• Performing remote and on-site diagnosis, maintenance and repair of digital assets.
• Keeping up-to-date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service in a timely manner.
• Ensure that all ongoing service contracts are delivered in accordance with agreed SLAs and maintaining appropriate communications with customers regarding resolutions and follow up.
• The ability to lift and carry a toolbox and/or parts that can weigh up to 25kg.
• Deliver PPM (planned preventative maintenance) visits and cleans as per Operations Manager's direction to ensure they are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with contractual obligations.
• Have input to risk assessments for all activities undertaken by department, assisting in defining safe operational procedures and creating risk assessments/method statements which identify and take in to account all relevant hazards.
• Follow all relevant company policies and procedures.
• Report hazards and raise health and safety concerns where appropriate.
• Attend sites around the UK to complete service and projects activities (with some work abroad and/or outside of standard office hours).
• Fluent written and spoken English.
• Computer literate.
• Basic understanding of computer routers and networking.
• Basic understanding of electrical installations and components.
• Full UK driving license.
Full training will
£18000 -£20000 / annual
Please call Muj on 0121 265 2080 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org